Friday, October 8, 2010

Luang Prabang Elementary School

I stepped off the plane in Luang Prabang and was greeted by the cool air that follows a fesh rain!  Got a taxi to my hotel ..... now Luang Prabang has been named by UNESCO as a World Heritage City..... and now I know why.  This city is absolutely beautiful.  Will add photos to explain.

Wandering around the city, I came upon this elementary school, with a bi-lingual program.  I walked into the Bi-Linguat Program Office expecting someone to speak English.  But No.  Bi-Lingual meaning Lao and French.  I spoke with Mme. Souvanmaly Outhay, the Assistante Pedagogique Primaire Luang  Prabang, about volunteer opportunities, using my rusty French.  She will talk with the School's Director and let me know on Monday of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment