Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Think - Pair - Share" - An fantastic strategy to get my students talking!


Think-Pair-Share activity in action in the classroom!
An instructional strategy which has worked extremely well with the monks at the Buddhist University, is Think-Pair-Share.  The monks are divided into pairs.  I tell a story, complete with my designs/drawings on the white board.  Most stories have three parts.  After I tell each part, I stop and give the monks a chance to retell the story to each other.  This approach has me talking 1/3rd of the time, and the monks talking 2/3rds of the time. 


This strategy is great for helping the monks not only with their listening skills, but also with their speaking skills as well!  The classroom gets a little noisy with all the conversations, but that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment