Sunday, November 21, 2010

Script - chat with friends

One of the ways I've found to help my students with English, is to give them a three part script to read. I write these scripts with my student's needs and language skills in mind. Since the monks wanted to learn American idioms, I try to include them as well in the scripts.  In the short clip of a video below, three friends talk about university life.



Students take turns reading each of the three parts of the script.  Not only does reading from a script help the students work on their pronunciation, but it also helps them with fluency.

Prior to having the monks practice in groups of three, I read this script to the whole class several times.  Next step after this group practice, will be to have the groups read the script to the whole class.

No comments:

Post a Comment