Friday, December 3, 2010

Listening skill lesson at Wat Chetupon

My second period class at Wat Chetupon was made up of juniors.  After introducing myself, I expanded on the lesson to include listening skills.  Using the maps of Thailand and U.S.A. I'd drawn on the black board, I taught questions and answers such as:

What is the capital of Thailand? (U.S.A., Laos, etc.)
Who is the Prime Minister of Thailand?
Who is the President of the U.S.A.?



After teaching the questions and their answers, I called on students to answer the questions I posed.  By randomly calling on students, everyone was just a little on edge, having to pay attention, since they never knew when I might call on them.  I limited the number of questions I'd ask the students, so they could learn the questions/answers and feel immediate success.

No comments:

Post a Comment