Friday, December 3, 2010

Listening skill lesson at Wat Chetupon

My second period class at Wat Chetupon was made up of juniors.  After introducing myself, I expanded on the lesson to include listening skills.  Using the maps of Thailand and U.S.A. I'd drawn on the black board, I taught questions and answers such as:

What is the capital of Thailand? (U.S.A., Laos, etc.)
Who is the Prime Minister of Thailand?
Who is the President of the U.S.A.?


video

After teaching the questions and their answers, I called on students to answer the questions I posed.  By randomly calling on students, everyone was just a little on edge, having to pay attention, since they never knew when I might call on them.  I limited the number of questions I'd ask the students, so they could learn the questions/answers and feel immediate success.

No comments:

Post a Comment